|  

A sumptuous blend that even a wine snob could love

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Brand NameEcco Domani
website
Wine NameChardonnay - Pinot Grigio
Vintage (Year)2005
AVATre Venezie
BottlerVilalta
CountryItaly
Wine ClassWhite
Wine TypePinot Gris/Grigio, Chardonnay
Wine GroupsThe Usual Suspects
Alcohol %13%
Bottle Size750ml
Price$10 - $20
Site Rating7 (on a scale of 1-10)
  

When you first walk into Canal's, the first end cap to an aisle that you come to is festooned with bottle of Pinot Griogio, and some other whites. After being very satisifed with Chadd's Ford's Pinot Grigio, I was in the mood to try another one, and this one is mixed with Chardonnay.

60% Chard, with the remaining 40% being the Pinot Grigio gives this wine an interesting, and somewhat sophisticated taste that has your palate set, not seesawing as to find the dominant grape.

It's crisp and refreshing, with a hint of sophisticated smoothness that you would think of in a song by Luther Vandross or Sinatra.

You might want to serve this to someone bored with the basic releases and versions of both wines, but not yet ready to cross into red territory.

 

Join the site for free to add your review to this one

Bookmark and Share

 

Our Mission: The Black Winer strives to expose African Americans [and others] to wines, without the flair, stuffiness, and airs of elitism and snobbery that you get from sommeliers and high level wine enthusiasts. We believe in finding something that you like the taste of, outside of the basic brands that you have been force-fed over the years through a combination of ethnically targeted advertising, and what people in your family have historically been drinking.

We welcome your comments and suggestions. Please click here to send us an e-mail.

© 2008 Ika, LLC Philadelphia, PA 215-474-1911 | Built & Designed by Zachary Harris

 
Sunday, October 25, 2020
7:03:10 PM